The RP-200 Recess Plate is designed to be fitted to a Tapepro 200mm Flat box, to reduce the finished width to 140mm.
This is great for filling the recess after taping and provides a clean machine finish, feathered at the shoulder of the recess.
We have trialled it in the following system:
- Tape in flat joints using a Mud Box
- Flatten tape with a joint knife (same speed as Mud Box)
- Fill and finish recess with Flat Box and Recess Plate (same speed as Mud Box)
- When dry, coat with 200mm Flat Box
- When dry, finish with 300mm Flat Box.